Wednesday, October 13, 2010

TIME!!!


I remember being a little girl living in Texas. Every summer up until the age of about 10 my brother and I would come to Arizona and visit my grandparents, aunts and uncles for about a month. Every Saturday my grandmother would wake us up super early and we would help her deliver Avon books. We then would go to McDonald's for breakfast! My grandmother was very independent and was a top Avon rep, winning many awards. She was very religious and strong, we always went to church and you never double crossed grandma, unless you were ready for your life to come to an end!!! My grandmother has been recently diagnosed with Dementia, my uncle is taking care of her. I spent some time with them today and it was like watching him take care of a child, there are times where she doesn't remember who anyone is. Today we went to the cemetery to visit her parents and her husband, my grandpa. She put the flowers in her parents vase and she began to sob, like a child, crying for her daddy..my uncle held her, I too began to cry, it was so sad. We then put flowers in her husbands vase and she had no reaction, my mother later told me she didn't think grandmother remembered being married. She knows she has 4 kids, but does not remember her husband. Time goes by so quickly..treasure every moment, with every person God gives you!!

No comments: